Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wexner Center

The piece of art I choose while browsing all the pieces is The Farm by Alexis Rockman. She did this piece of art in 2001 and the media is oil and acrylic on wood.

While walking through the exhibit this one really caught my eye. I think the connotations of this piece are based on the realities of the farm life.  These animals are viatal pieces to farmers lives and help them have a living off of this.  The denotations I believe are that all of these animals are essential to to farm life, and every day life.  All of these animals are important to life as a human to survive.  They are all interrelated based on the food chain.

I think the big picture is how important it is for us as humans to sustain all kinds of life to ensure the better of the human race.



Tyler Thines

1 comment:

  1. Nice analysis of the painting. I think one of the things that is interesting about Rockman's work is that it can look very pretty on the surface and kind of gross when you really look at it. Attraction/repulsion can be a fun thing to play with...

    ReplyDelete