Sunday, November 27, 2011

Final Project

Hello all,

When beginning this project I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I picked my big idea of Freedom and began my thought process.  I figured the topic of freedom would be easy to capture. When I started I wanted to keep with the thought of the United States being a free country and I would use that for motivation to do this project.

Once I began this project I began to run into some problems. I started taking pictures and I could not get what I wanted.  I focused mainly on the USA flag as a sign of freedom. But after a lot of thought I changed my direction on where I wanted to go. I did focus one of my pictures on the flag because it signals freedom to me but I wanted to change my take on the next two.  I decided to go with a picture of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and also a picture of the oval here at OSU.  Along with the pictures themselves I put quotes with them.  I chose the quote "We must be willing to pay a price for freedom" by H.L. Mencken for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  I did this because there are so many soldiers that have given their life and have not been found and I am very grateful for everything that they have sacrificed.  For the oval I chose the quote "only the educated are free" by Epictetus.  This means a lot to me because we all enjoy the freedom to choose what we do with our lives.  This includes picking where we go to school.  The oval is a major symbol for Ohio state so I thought a picture of it was appropriate.

After I finished my project I was very pleased with the final pictures.  Although they are simple, I put a lot of time and thought in to it.  These pictures represent what freedom means to me and I also feel others will feel the same.  Freedom is not something we are guaranteed and I am very happy to live in a country that I am offered it every day.  I hope everyone can relate to these pictures and get a sense of pride for the freedom we are given.







Thank you all,
Tyler Thines

No comments:

Post a Comment